Alamein Neighbourhood and Learning Centre Privacy Statement
Alamein Neighbourhood and Learning Centre collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of employment (both paid and volunteer,) student enrolment, enquiries and delivery of services to clients. Personal information is information that directly or indirectly identifies a person. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
Alamein Neighbourhood and Learning Centre recognises the essential right of individuals to have their personal information administered in ways they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand and made accessible to them on the other.
Alamein Neighbourhood and Learning Centre is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
Alamein Neighbourhood and Learning Centre will:
- collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function or that it is required by law to collect;
- ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why the personal information is collected and how the information gathered will be administered;
- use and disclose personal information for its primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- provide stakeholders with access to their own information and the right to seek its correction.
Privacy Act (1988) Cth
Health Records Act 2001 (Vic)